First Love is:
… an interdenominational mission agency founded for the purpose of bringing the life-giving message of salvation through Jesus Christ to un-reached people residing in impoverished regions of the world.
Exhortation – Calling believers back to their First Love… (Rev. 2:1-5)
Realizing that Satan is at work seeking to occupy our minds, lives, and hearts with items of secondary importance, our desire is to be used of the Holy Spirit to call believers back to their first love for God and to His priority of loving people into the Kingdom of His Son. (Matthew 22:36-40 & 23:11)
Evangelization – Introducing the lost to the One who loved them first… (I John 4:19) Firmly believing that Jesus Christ is returning soon, our passion is to see people come to know Him as Savior and Lord. Therefore, a bottom-line priority ministry of First Love is to be actively engaged in sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ with those who are lost in the darkness of sin. Our evangelistic strategies and methods are patterned after those of the Apostle Paul who said: Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. (I Cor. 9:19 & 22)
Education – Teaching them to obey all that Jesus has commanded us… (Matthew 28:19-20) Through the power of the Holy Spirit seeking to motivate, mentor, edify, and train disciples of Jesus Christ for the purpose of making them fruitful participants in Christ’s Great Commission as active members of the harvest force.
- Holy Spirit empowerment…We recognize that prayer for power and unction from the Holy Spirit is the foundation upon which all aspects of our ministry must be constructed. (Romans 8:26)
- Loving involvement…Faith expressing itself through love. (Gal. 5:6) Our desire is to activate our love through a ministry of evangelization coupled with hands-on compassion. Remembering the words of our Lord Jesus: Whenever you do it for the least of these, you did it for Me. (Mt. 25:40)
- Strategic instruction…We seek to preach and teach sound Bible-based doctrine in an enthusiastic and practical way that will both edify and move people to action. (Titus 2:1-8)
Statment of Faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Meet the Directors:
Tom and Linda Clinton
Board of Directors:
Dr. Dale Gray/Vice Chairman
Philip Guske/Secretary of the Board
Dr. Tom Clinton/Executive Director-CEO